Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Something occurred to me

It did... something occurred to me. I was doing my daily devotions and I realized the thing I've been praying for and begging God for was right in front of me. I wanted to tell people about Him and Jesus. My answer was my blog. I have almost no hits, but people do stumble across it from time to time. Some of them even like what I write, especially my vampire story. If you haven't read it, please do, I think you might just enjoy it. Anyway. I wanted to write to you about what I learned today while reading in the Bible.

The book of Romans Chapter 4 Verse 25- Chapter 5 verse 1 reads:

'He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification. Therefore, since we have been justified through faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.'

Now what exactly does that mean? Basically if you believe that Jesus lived and died and that he is the Son of God sent here to do just that and if you accept that truth and not only believe in it but decide to LIVE in it that you will, no matter what, gain peace with God, which also means peace in your soul. Who wants to feel true unyielding peace? I do! and I have felt it and feel it from time to time. It never leaves, but because life and selfish desires and ambitions crowd in I loose sight of it sometimes, but it's never far and always returns.

 God did not send Jesus to judge or condemn. My dad said in his sermon on Sunday 'God loves people so much that he HATES to be away from them' and it's so true. God sent Jesus to earth in order that he would have a way to reconnect with you. True, honest Christianity that Christ outlined for us is very simple 'Love the Lord your God and serve him only and love your neighbor as yourself.'

I'm human. I failed. A LOT.

I was judgmental and harsh. I felt puffed up because of my salvation. I. Was. Wrong. It is not my place to cast judgement. It's God's. It IS my place to tell you how much He loves you and wants to be able to communicate on a one on one basis with you. I hear him. He does talk to those whom he loves (everyone). He doesn't want to condemn you to hell. He wants to give you more life and peace and hope than you ever dreamed of. So how about it? Does true, honest Christianity sound that bad? Are you curious now?


Leigha

No comments:

Post a Comment