Thursday, August 29, 2013

Syria... seriously!

This will be a relatively short post. As an american citizen it is hard to see what goes on in the rest of the world because we are so absorbed in what we are doing in our own little corner of it. Most people do not understand international politics. Fortunately, my sister keeps up to date on things of that nature, she is a history buff past and present and possible future. However, our current president, Barak Obama, is pushing to strike a blow at a country for a chemical weapons strike that was preformed against it's own citizen. No one is 100% sure which side launched the weapon and it shouldn't really matter. The country is in the middle of a civil war. We should not be involved, but since we have already supplied weapons to the rebels we technically are. I was not for that move. I'm VERY MUCH so opposed to this one. I have contacted my representative from my congressional district and voiced my negative response to the possible strike against Syria as have MANY people in the US. No one here wants another war. We were promised, I did not vote for our current president, by this man that he would remove our presence from the Middle East, now we are sending more troops because this 'anti-war' president wants war. Please, those who read this from other countries, note the majority of the American populace do not... DO NOT want war. If we were to intervene I would prefer it would be in the giving aid and opening our gates to the refugees, not ending more lives.


DON'T be Silent

Leigha Cabrera

No comments:

Post a Comment